-
February 5th, 2003, 02:05 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I have had this code for a while now and don't know how to get rid of it. I just replaced the purge cut solenoid and the CEL came back yesterday.
I also think code 90 is making code 45 pop up because code 45 always follows code 90 when I throw it.
Anybody have any thoughts on this,or what it could be?
-
February 5th, 2003, 02:31 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Not sure where you relocated your PCS, but i mounted mine on the firewall, where all the metal braking lines are joined. Also, use a rubber isolator to keep it from severe vibration.
Just off the top of my head, when mine went bad and i replaced it......the code came back. I pulled the ECU fuse for 10seconds and it was gone and never came back.
Tony
P.S. The PCS gets fairly hott, the cooler the environment, the better.
-
February 5th, 2003, 05:10 AM
#3
Inactive Member
What does the PCS actually do? Does it still work in our JRSC cars?
Why does keeping it cool help?
-
February 5th, 2003, 10:23 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Yeah I pulled the fuses when we got done installing the new one, and drove it the rest of the day and the next morning on the way to work, it came back on.
I think I'm just going to run new 3/8" hose where everything is connected together and get rid of some of the other vaccum lines because they are to big, and I might have a leak where it T's together.
Now let me get this straight, You have the PCV valve, the vaccum source under the "S" tube of the SC, and the purge cut solenoid that are all T'd together, right?
Which outlet of the PCS needs to have the hose that goes back to the charcoal canister?
And which one needs to be T'd in with the other two things?
And does the length of the hose matter, that is on all the fittings?
-
February 5th, 2003, 07:16 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Ive ran out of advice Mike, i cant recall for the life of me what hose went where and what not. Im fairly sure the SIZE of the hose really has no bearing on anything.
YOu may hafta use your helms/haynes maunual to find what goes where.
-
February 6th, 2003, 12:21 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Well I looked in the Haynes manual that I have laying around at the house and looked up the code.
Code 90 is either a leak near the gas tank(a sensor that is back there under the tank) or a leak at the charcoal canister.I did take it to SHA to have them try to figure it out and they said it was most likely that it was the Purge Cut Solenoid, that I have since then replaced and the light has returned.
I don't see anything loose near the Charcole canister, but I haven't checked under the car by the gas tank yet either. I guess this will be my next step when I have time. I'm also going to redo the vaccum lines that I have running to the PCS and move it toward the top of the engine.
Anybody have other suggestions?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks